So I never paid much attention to laundry detergent besides if I liked the smell or not. After reading the ratings of my favorite laundry detergents on ewg.org I’ve realized laundry detergent is another poison in my home I need to get rid of! I used to make my own powdered detergent for cloth diapers but I’ve never made liquid so after doing some research I found this recipe:
- 2 gal bucket
- 2 gal of water
- 1/2 cup of super washing soda
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of castile soap
- * your favorite essential oil about 30 – 40 drops (if the castile soap is unscented)
- a long wooden or metal spoon for stiring ingredients
*I only use doTERRA oils (If you have any questions, would like to sign up for a wholesale membership, or just purchase a few please contact me!) or go to here.
- add the 1/2 cup of super washing soda into the bucket and add a little bit of hot tap water (enough to be able to dissolve the super washing soda in)
- add the 1/2 cup of baking soda and mix until dissolved
- add your 2 gal of water and stir until you get everything dissolved pretty well.
- finally add the 3/4 cup of castile soap and 30 – 40 drops of essential oils you are going to add.
* If you add the castile soap before the water it will be too bubbly to work with.